Wednesday 16 July 2008

Business Books I recommend

Quite a few people have been asking me recently what business books I would recommend. So here goes:

Get Clients Now by CJ Hayden - brilliant book giving a step by step guide of how to do your own marketing.

Getting business to come to you by Paul and Sarah Edwards - Great if you're stuck for marketing ideas.

Getting things done: The Stress-free Art of Productivity by David Allen - One of the best business books out there about how to manage your time.

Anyone can do it: Building Coffee Republic from our kitchen table by Sahar Hashemi - really good book on starting your own business that takes you through step by step what needs to be done.

Sales on a Beermat by Mike Southon - easy to read book, with some good tips.

You can't teach a kid to ride a bike at a seminar by Sandler - this book completely changed the way I did sales. Really good read.

The E-myth revisited by Michael Gerber - this one should be on everyone's bookshelves.

Book Yourself Solid by Michael Port - Great book to help you redefine what you do with some great marketing tips.

I'll add more business books as I read them.

Helen

2 comments:

Mr. Broody said...

Hi Helen

How are you? well, I was just browsing blogs at blogger and got yours.
am Irsh, a 19-something guy from New Delhi, India running an educational software services company for over 3 years now.

I recently started one venture, http://www.noshnbasket.com a Women-only hangout portal. Got loads of new, innovative stuffs into it.
Can you have a look and tell me if it can really work-out.
Also lem'me know if I can be of any help to you.

Helen Dowling said...

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. I've had a look at your site and it looks great - looks like it could definitely be a success. Go for it.

Helen