Tuesday 22 April 2008

How often is too often?

Talking about following up via phone last week, I had a chat with a contact of mine yesterday about following up by email and sending out email flyers and newsletters. He was asking the question of how often is too often?

Good question - and a difficult one to answer. Generally, I tend to think that if people are interested in what you're offering, they'll continue to subscribe to what you're sending out if they think it is of use either now or in the future.

If they're generally not interested, then they'll either just delete it or unsubscribe from your emails and that's fine too - surely you'd rather communicate with people who are genuinely interested in what you do?

People who I send out emails too generally get send a combination of three things: a newsletter, a monthly tips sheet and if they're based in Gloucestershire, Bristol or Birmingham some information about the workshops that we run. Depending on how I met them or what they've asked to subscribe to, they may get one of these emails or all three.

If you feel that you'd like to receive more tips or valuable information from us that you're not currently getting (i.e. if you're receiving information about the events, but would also like to get the newsletter or monthly tips) just let me know on helen.dowling@exceptionalthinking.co.uk and I'll happily change your subscription settings so that you do in the future.

The last thing I want to do is annoy or upset anyone and I'm sure like me, you'd much rather I communicate with you if you're actually interested in hearing from me, so if you're not, that's fine - please ask to be removed by emailing me on helen.dowling@exceptionalthinking.co.uk and I'll take you off our database immediately.

No comments: