Tuesday 29 January 2008

The ups and downs of running a business

When I first started my business, I had a mentor who used to say to me "show me an entrepreneur and I'll show you a manic-depressant" because sometimes you're on top of the world and other times you're on rock bottom. And how quickly this switch can happen - one minute you're bouncing along full of the joys of spring and the next you come crashing back to earth with something as simple as a phone call. Can you resonate with this?

I was just reminded of this today after having a great day with lots of things going right and then arrived back to the office to a letter informing me that we hadn't won a major contract.

So, how do you cope with the ups and downs? My favorite way is to exercise - this always makes me feel happier. What about you? Let me know your top tips to getting yourself back up when everything feels like its going wrong?

No comments: