Thursday 29 January 2009

How to come up with a great title that people want to read

How do you come up with a great title that people are really interested in reading? Well, the trick is to use some very simple words at the beginning or end of your sentences and fill in the blanks. They are:

How to...
Avoid...
Who Else Wants....?
Are you...?
How I...
Secrets of...
Warning:...
Top 10 ways to...
Don't...

You can play around with these titles as much as you like, but if you use them, it's very difficult NOT to have an interesting title.

The other tip I would give you is to just say in the title what you're going to be talking about as though your target audience is stood in front of you. Let me give you an example - which sounds more interesting:

Title 1: The power of blogging, or
Title 2: How to start blogging and make it work for your business

I hope you agree that the second title sounds more interesting. In it I'm just saying what the topic is about.

Try these tips for your business and see if they make a difference.

1 comment:

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

Oooh thanks for this, I've been struggling with the title for my Feb newsletter for days! I don't want to just call it the 'February Newsletter' - boring! Will try your ideas instead. :o)